Session 19 Notes
Notes for David O'Connor's 2/28/07 lecture on J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson, The Lord of the Rings for PHIL 20214
The Lord of the Rings
- The Mirror of Galadriel: a difference between the books and the movies
- Movie clip
- Frodo: an isolated hero?
- Galadriel: a solemn counselor?
- Love and Immortality: a similarity between the books and the movies
- Movie clips: Aragorn and Arwen
- How Arwen chooses mortality without fully giving up immortality
Citation: O\'Connor, D. (2007, July 04). Session 19 Notes. Retrieved October 24, 2014, from Notre Dame OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.nd.edu/philosophy/ancient-wisdom-and-modern-love/lecture-notes/session-19-notes.
by the Contributing Authors.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.