The Coming War with Iran
- CIA World FactBook. Flag of Iran. Flag of USA.
- IRAN - Country Profile
- CIA World FactBook: Iran - Country Profile.
- Impact and Implications of Chemical Weapons use in the Iran-Iraq War.
- Fund for Peace: The Failed States Index
- Boureston, J. & C.D. Ferguson. (2004). “Schooling Iran’s Atom Squad,” Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists 60(3): 31-35.
Posen, B. (2006). “We Can Live with a Nuclear Iran” MIT.
Ferguson, C.D. & R. Takeyh. (2006). “Making the Right call: How the World Can Limit Iran’s Nuclear Program,” Arms Control Today, March.
- Ali, J. (2001). “Chemical Weapons and the Iran-Iraq War: A Case-study in noncompliance,” The Nonproliferation Review, Spring: 43-58.
- Chronology US-Iran Relations, 1906-2002
- Frontline: Wright, R. (2001). “Iran at the Millennium.”
- Frontline: “How Iran Entered the ‘Axis’”
Middle East Report:
- Saghafi, M. (2004). “The New Landscape of Iranian Politics,” Middle East Report 233, Winter.
- Ehsani, K. (2006). “Iran: The Populist threat to democracy” Middle East Report 241, Winter.
- Iran in Maps
- Country profile: Iran
- Corera, G. (2006). “Iran's gulf of misunderstanding with US,” Sept. 25.
- Iran – Who Holds Power?
- “States Sign Nuclear Energy Pact,” Nov. 21.
- United States-Iran Relations
- Iran-Iraq War
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- Afghan Civil War (1996-2001)
- Islamic Fundamentalism
- Department of State: “Background Note: Iran Profile.”
- US Embassy: Policy toward Iran: a Dossier. Brussels, BE.
- Congressional Research Service: Katzman, K. 2006. “Iran: US Concerns and Policy Responses,” CRS Report for Congress, Oct. 4.
- US Library of Congress: “Country Study: Iran.”
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace:
- Perkovich, G. (2006). “Defining Iran’s Nuclear Rights,” Sept. 7.
- Abdul Qadeer Khan Nuclear Black Market:
- Rajkumar, M. (2003). “Understanding the IAEA Report on Iran,” June 19.
- Dutto, C. (2006). “Iran's Long Nuclear Road,” April 13.
- Cirincione, J. (2006). “Time For Clear Public Understanding of Iranian Threat,” CFR interview, April.
Presidency of the Islamic Republic of Iran:
- Ahmadi Nejad, M.
- Ahmadi Nejad, M. (2006). Letter to President Bush. May 9.
- Ahmadi Nejad, M. (2006). “ World must admit Iran is a powerful country ,” Aug. 26.
- Ahmadi Nejad, M. (2006). “ Israel will fall without West’s support ,” May 11.
- Tyler, P.E. (2002). “Officers Say US Aided Iraq in War Despite Use of Gas,” Aug. 18.
Council on Foreign Relations:
- Kerr, P. (2006). “US Should Offer Not to Seek Iran Regime Change,” May 25.
- Allison, G.T. & B. Gwertzman. (2006). “U.S. Policy on North Korea 'Abject Failure'; Iran May Be Closer to Nuclear Weapons Than U.S. Thinks,” June 20.
- Sazegara, M. & L. Beehner. (2006). “Strong Talk and Sanctions May Resolve Stalemate with Iran,” interview, Oct. 20.
- Haass, R.N. & B. Gwertzman, 2006. “'Diplomatic Package' to Halt Iranian Nuclear Development Should Include Incentives but Also Military Threat,” April 11.
- Boot, M. (2006). “How to handle Iran,” Los Angeles Times, Oct. 25.
- Takeyh, R. (2006). “Confronting Iran: Take Ahmadinejad with a grain of salt,” Nov. 19.
- CFR. (2006). “Iran's Nuclear Program Symposium,” April 5
- Beehner, L. (2006). “The Impact of North Korea’s Nuclear Test on Iran Crisis,” Oct. 13.
IRNA: (Islamic Republic News Agency)
- Ahmadi Nejad, M. (2006). “Iranians’ insistence on N-right self-motivated” Nov. 17.
- Sick, G. (2006). “A Selective Partnership: Getting US-Iranian Relations Rights,” in Foreign Affairs Nov./Dec.
- Pollack, K. & R. Takeyh. (2005). “Taking on Tehran,” Foreign Affairs March/April.
- Sagan, S.D. (2006). “How to Keep the Bomb from Iran,” in Foreign Affairs Sept./Oct.
- Rosen, S.P. (2006). “After Proliferation: What to do If More States Go Nuclear,” Foreign Affairs Sept./Oct.
- Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons: (NPT)
- Additional Protocols to the NPT
- IAEA & Iran
- IAEA. (2006). “Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement in the Islamic Republic of Iran,” August.
List of resource links on Iran: