Functionality measures the range of capabilities of a media product – its feature set. It is concerned with what a user can see, hear, and do, without regard to specific content.
- Media – what is the mix?
- Photos and graphics
- Animation and video
- Sound and music
- Shows a different screen
- Opens a browser to display a web site
- Plays a sound.
- Search box
- Email feedback
- Page tracking
- Guest book
- Shopping cart
More advanced interactive elements include:
- Control – the user’s ability to customize the environment by making choices about
- Sound – change the level or choose background music
- Visual – pick a color scheme or set the font size
- Other areas –skip an introduction or select Spanish instead of English
- Reliability – no errors, bugs or glitches. No dead links.