Course materials made available through Notre Dame OCW are the property of their respective rights holders. Unless otherwise specified the course materials are Copyright Notre Dame and are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution license 3.0.
- Under the terms of this license, you are free:
- to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- to make derivative works
- Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived with explicit permission from the copyright holder.
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
This page is not the actual license. The license terms are highlighted here in summary to provide a quick reference to the terms in the Full License Agreement.
The University of Notre Dame's license for Opencourseware follows Creative Commons licensing standards. Creative Commons is not a law firm and does not provide legal services. Distributing, displaying, or linking to this License Summary does not create an attorney-client relationship.
All comments posted in Notre Dame OCW are the property of their authors and are licensed for display, copying, reuse, and distribution according to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license 3.0.
Representing material posted in Notre Dame OCW by another individual as your own work in online or offline settings is strictly prohibited and constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your Notre Dame OCW account and may lead to civil and/or criminal charges.
Information, advice, opinions, and other expressions in Notre Dame OCW are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The entire liability for any use of any materials available through Notre Dame OCW lies with the user of the materials.
Abuse of the Notre Dame OCW Site
The following list describes activities that are strictly prohibited within Notre Dame OCW. Attempting or succeeding to allow or commit any of the acts prohibited below constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your Notre Dame OCW account and may lead to civil and/or criminal charges. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Users shall not do anything to intentionally degrade the performance of Notre Dame OCW hardware, software, or network resources.
- Users shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of Notre Dame OCW.
- Users shall not post commercial solicitations or "spam" comments in Notre Dame OCW.
- Users shall not attempt to spread viruses, worms, or other files harmful to computer systems and/or networks via Notre Dame OCW.
- Users shall not gather personal information about other users (including, but not limited to, harvesting email addresses) via Notre Dame OCW.
- Users shall not share their password or account with other individuals.
- Users shall refrain from making harassing, intimidating, or libelous statements or other expressions in Notre Dame OCW.
- Users shall refrain from offensive/inflammatory statements or other expressions (for example, offensive images) in Notre Dame OCW.
- Users shall not engage in impersonation or other behavior designed to deceive Notre Dame OCW users and/or community leaders.
- Users shall respect the intellectual freedom of others’ expression of their opinions and ideas.