Reading and Viewing
Course textbooks, other readings, images, and videos.
- The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 2nd Ed.. By Jason Beaird. Sitepoint 2010. ISBN: 098057689X
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd Ed. By Steve Krug. New Riders 2005. ISBN: 0321344758
See our Amazon Listmania List for these and other books.
- Podcast + Videocast Essential Training (5:04) 2006
- Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals (17:33) 2010
- Flash Pro CS5 Essential Training (7:07) 2010
- WordPress.com 3 Essential Training (5:42) 2011
- Apple Computer. User Experience Guidelines (from Apple Human Interface Guidelines. 2011)
- Blythe Goodman, Tammy. Online Reputation Guide for College Students. December 3, 2010.
- Dutton, Denis. Aesthetic Universals (from The Routledge Companion to Aesthetics. 2002)
- Goodwin, Kim. Perfecting your Personas. August 1, 2001.
- McCandlish, Stanton. EFF's Top 12 Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy. Apr. 10, 2002.
- Media Education Foundation. How to be a critical media viewer. 2005.
- Mitchell, Amy. The Tablet Revolution. October 25, 2011.
- Nielsen, Jakob. Usability 101: Introduction to Usability. August 25, 2003.
- Nielsen, Jakob. Feature Richness and User Engagement. August 6, 2007.
- O'Reilly, Tim. What Is Web 2.0?. September 30, 2005.
- Pew Research Center, Millennials: Confident. Connected. Open to Change. Feb 24, 2010.
- Pilgrim, Mark. (from Dive into HTM5)
- Roush, Wade. Second Earth. MIT Technology Review, July-August 2007.
- Smith, Aaron. Americans and their gadgets. Pew Research Center, Oct 14, 2010.
- Stanford University How Do People Evaluate a Web Site's Credibility? (abstract). November 11 2002.
- Templeton, Brad .10 Big Myths about copyright explained. October 2008
- Thomas, Frank and Ollie Johnston. The 12 Basic Principles Of Animation. 2011.
- Ulanoff, Lance. 5 Tech Trends to Watch in 2012. December 27, 2011.
- U.S. Copyright Office The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998: U.S. Copyright Office Summary. November 1998.
- Becker, Alan. Animator vs. Animation. June 3, 2006. [Flash original]
- Ferguson, Kirby. Everything is a remix. September 12, 2010.
- Inman, Matthew. How to get 5 million people to read your website. Aug 10, 2010.
- Lefever, Lee. Podcasting in plain english. April 21, 2008.
- Lessig, Larry. How creativity is being strangled by the law. November 6, 2007.
- Lytle, Wayne. Resonant Chamber (from "Animusic 2"). November 19, 2005.
- PBS (Douglas Rushkoff and Rachel Dretzin). Frontline: Digital Nation. February 2, 2010.
- Ray, Kate. Web 3.0. May 6, 2010.
Copyright 2012, by the Contributing Authors. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Cite/attribute Resource. Clark, C. (Jul 10, 2007). Reading and Viewing. Retrieved May 21, 2013, from Notre Dame OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.nd.edu/computer-applications/applied-multimedia/reading/readings.