Learning goal - become familiar with usability testing
Before beginning - learn about the "Think Aloud Protocol"
- Work collaboratively in groups of 3-4.
- In a Google doc, develop a series of three tasks that a user must accomplish at a website.
- One of the tasks should be to find a piece of information.
- For the purposes this exercise, the user should be able to complete the tasks in 5-10 minutes.
- Export the Google doc to a PDF and submit it.
- Pair up with a person from another group
- Follow the Think Aloud Protocol
- One starts doing the other's tasks while the other observes
- Switch places.
- As an observer, what did you learn about your site's usability?
- Now that you have conducted a pilot test, how would you change your set of tasks?
- What was it like to follow the Think Aloud Protocol as a user?