Outline for "Computational Methods", Lecture 16: Numerical solution of the transient diffusion equation using the finite difference method
NUMERICAL SOLUTION OF THE TRANSIENT DIFFUSION EQUATION USING THE FINITE DIFFERENCE (FD) METHOD
- Explicit Solution Procedure
- Example of heat conduction in a rod
- General Notes on Instabilities
- Implicit Solution Procedure
- Crank-Nicolson Implicit (C-N) Method
- Weighted Average Approximation
Citation: Westerink, J. (2011, January 12). Lecture 16. Retrieved September 20, 2014, from Notre Dame OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.nd.edu/civil-engineering-and-geological-sciences/computational-methods/lectures/lecture-16.
by the Contributing Authors.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.