Links to .pdf files of all assigned readings for the Border Issues seminar.
- Kahn, Michael. "The Seminar" Unpublished Paper.
- Bustamante, Jorge A. "Mexican Immigration and Social Relations of Capitalism." 1994.
- Chandler, Simon "The Migration of the Maquiladoras" Annunciation House Newsletter. Winter 2003.
- "Economic Overview--El Paso/Cd. Juarez Border Region - Maquiladora Program"
- Nathan, Debbie. "Death Comes to Maquilas: A Border Story" The Nation. January 1997.
- Lakoff, Georg and Ferguson, Sam. "The Framing of Immigration" Rockridge Institute; 2006.
- Wise, Raul Delgado and Cypher, James M. "The Strategic Role of Mexican Labor Under NAFTA: Critical Perspectives on Current Economic Integration" The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, Vol. 610, No. 1, 119-142 (2007).
- "Results and Implications of the Minuteman Project" Field Report Submitted to the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus. May 19, 2005.
- American Immigration Law Foundation (2005). "Fencing in Failure: Effective Border Control is Not Achieved by Building More Fences." Immigration Policy in Focus.
- Massey, Douglas S. Ph.D. "Five Myths About Immigration: Common Misconceptions Underlying U.S. Border-Enforcement Policy" Immigration Policy in Focus. Vol. 4 Issue 6; August 2005.
- Jacoby, Tamar. "Immigration Nation" Foreign Affairs. November/December 2006.
- Bustamante, Jorge A. "Mexico United States Labor Migration Flows" International Migration Review, Vol. 31 No. 4 Special Issue: Immigrant Adaptation and Native-Born Responses in the Making of Americans. Winter 1997; pp. 1112-1121.
- Bishops of Mexico & the U.S. (2003). "Strangers No Longer: Together on the Journey of Hope."
- Center for Social Concerns (2004). "An Introduction to the Principles of Catholic Social Thought."
- Chapla, Shannon (2005). "Film uncovers emotional, spiritual challenges of illegal immigrants." University of Notre Dame: News and Information.
- Groody, Fr. Daniel. "A God of Life: A Civilization of Love." Globalization, Spirituality and Justice Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, Spring 2007.
- Groody, Fr. Daniel. (2004) "A Theology of Immigration." Notre Dame Magazine.
Copyright 2012, by the Contributing Authors. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Cite/attribute Resource. Smedley, C. T. (Jan 29, 2009). Readings. Retrieved Jun 19, 2013, from Notre Dame OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.nd.edu/center-for-social-concerns/border-issues-seminar/course-readings.