We do not collect personally identifiable information about any user or survey respondent unless the person voluntarily provides such information. (For example, you might voluntarily provide email contact information when sending feedback to email@example.com.) If you voluntarily provide your email address or other contact information for one of these purposes, we might also use it to inform you of changes to OCW or to ask for your feedback on some aspect of OCW. At your request, we will remove your contact information from our files.
We do not make your contact information or any other personally identifiable information available to anyone outside OCW or its service providers (who use the information only for authorized OCW purposes) unless we are legally required to do so. No one ever uses this information for any commercial or fundraising purposes.
In addition to the above, we collect certain anonymous (non-personally identifiable) information to help us improve the OCW web site and to evaluate the access and use of OCW materials and the impact of OCW on the worldwide educational community:
- We collect information you provide about your use of and satisfaction with OCW through email you send us. (You may voluntarily choose to include your contact information.)
- We may use web analysis tools that are built into the OCW web site to measure and collect anonymous session information.
- We also make very limited use of “cookies” to improve your OCW web experience. However, cookies are not required for OCW use. If your browser is configured not to accept cookies, you will still enjoy full access to OCW and its content.
When we report information about OCW access, use, and impact, we report aggregate, non-personally identifiable data. Occasionally, we report quoted feedback from users. We do not attribute feedback to specific individuals unless we obtain permission to use that person’s name along with the feedback.
For more detailed information, please refer to the following Frequently Asked Questions:
- What information does Notre Dame OCW collect from visitors to the Web site?
- Does Notre Dame OCW share the information it receives?
This privacy statement was last updated on 10/11/2010.